Thursday, June 19, 2014

Sketches of love (Part 2 of 2)

"I have coal, I have art" confidence seeped in me
"Will draw, will earn" I said in dignity

"My daughter is smitten, but You are poor.
She will need luxury, love is only what you offer"

"Will create fascinating magic on canvas; impress monsieur
Will return with truckload gold; give me a year"

He raised his eyebrows, thoughts in his mind,
~"Such a trifle lad, let destiny be his find."

"If that is your wish, prove your mettle,
You won't win, that's there to settle"

She held my hand, embraced and kissed amour.
The king took her back, "later you adore"

Travelling in nearby kingdom, I saw a dragon
Majestic as ever, none had ever seen one

The flames of his nostrils and the draconian eyes
I couldn't miss the sketch of the wonderous guise

His wings were gloomy, and he showed gait
I captured it exact, in my coal portrait

In bringing life to the art, I was so much engrossed
Amidst my sketch, our eyes crossed

Flaring up to vanish away, the dragon made an act
Whooshed above in the blue skies, a skill that I lacked

Awed was I, completely mesmerised
"THIS will nail it" said my inner voice

Rushed to the emperor's court, was excited a ton
"Your grace, I witnessed it; yes, I drew a dragon"

Said the king in his hustled voice
"Too good to be real, this sketch is"

"If true, this sketch is a very good perception,
If false, then it is an appropriate deception"

Counselled a wise courtier to the king's view
"My lord, dragon exists, is always seen to few"

"Astonishing, marvellous, impressive, no mistaken trail
5,000 livres I award, for cause of my kingdom, travail."

esteemly honored was I, my life coming to track
Worked patiently for a year, and then returned back

Ran to her home, to meet her and my to-be father-in-law
He was there at home, expecting me to come, waiting in awe

"She waited for you, prayed for you, destroyed her existence"
He took me to her grave, "She cried in your absence"

With tears, I gazed at her sketch, I brought with me
Viewing her grave, "You died for me, I live for thee"

No comments:

Post a Comment