Monday, May 2, 2011

And I shook hands with HIM

His presence was enough to make the atmosphere electrifying. He was there, to bring smile on people's faces. He, was the one, who could change the thought-process of the world. He, was the one, in whom, men saw hope.

I wanted to meet him. I wanted him to know me. I wanted to bring revolution just like he did. I wanted to touch the hearts of people. I wanted to reach to the stars like him. I wanted to live up to the expectations. I wanted to be there for good. I wanted to smile like him. I suddenly realized, that I wanted to be...HIM.

His charisma was enigmatic and vibrant at the same time. No one could ever match him.His mere presence echoed in the surroundings. He waved his hands in front of the crowd. A huge roar of applause and waves was a return pleasantry from the crowd. He headed towards the stage. All the hearts were in sync. People had come together to applaud him. People had come to see their hero.

He moved towards the podium. He picked up the microphone and said a casual 'Hello everybody'. With this, loud screams of acceptance to his words was seen. Enthusiasm was better seen than described. He discussed about the future plans that he had in mind. People were just in love with him. Hope seeped in stronger as he went into deeper discussions with his ideas.

.

.

.

Just then, he said how the youth should come ahead and support the cause, show their abilities. He pointed out issues that the youth could do. It was like, he was able to read our minds and not just blurt out a few learnt sentences. He was talking and talking. People were listening and listening. I already had idolized him, but his today's interaction made me think of him more than God. Suddenly, he walked towards the crowd section where I was, looked towards me, and said, "Why don't we ask one of the youth to come up on the stage and share his thoughts with us?" and signaled me to join HIM on stage. I don't know how out of lacs and lacs of people, thousands of youth standing by, HE chose ME to share my ideas. As I told before, I think he could read minds. And he might have read my mind. My idol was calling me, my GOD was calling me. In a fraction of a second, I hopped out from the crowd of extras and ordinary people to meet the extra-ordinary person and have a small chat with.

I discussed the issues with him and the audience. All agreed in oneness. I kept on shivering like anything but still made into being calm and composed outwards. Even he was listening to me in such a manner that he had already known what was I going to say and shook his head in acknowledgement every time what I mentioned.

After handing him the microphone back, I took a sigh of relief. Those were the most important 3 minutes of my whole life. And something happened, that I could have never imagined in my whole lifetime, that I saw happen.

He came towards me applauding...He was the chief minister of Gujarat...He was Narendra Modi...And I shook hands with HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment